* Climate is always warm and humid, so wear light cotton clothes.
* Protect yourself from mosquito bites by wearing sensible clothing, applying mosquito repellant and avoiding outdoor activities in the dawn and dusk.
* Tipping is expected in restaurants, usually 3-4% of the total bill if more than Rs. 1,000/- and 5-6% if less.
* Yenepoya University campus is tobacco-free and alcohol-free.
* Most hotel rooms are smoke-free too, please check with your hotel reception before you light up.
* Uber and Ola are radio taxis in the city which you can call for from the apps in your cellphones.
* You could just flag down the three-wheeler autorickshaw (like the tuk-tuk of the far east). Please don't encourage beggars or persuasive balloon-sellers, while waiting at traffic junctions.
* Don't leave unattended your cash, cards, jewellery, other valuables and important documents like passports, etc.
* Please consult your family physician about the necessary vaccines/prophylaxis needed before you start your journey to Incredible India.